Well, it’s hard to believe but we are already through the first half of the month! I must admit I was a little ambitious taking on a personal challenge this month…I forgot that not only was I was returning to work but my parents are also in town visiting.
All of these combined have definitely affected my motivation to stick to my workout and eating plan.
Although it was tough, I am proud to say that I have not missed a workout all month! I have been able to get in at least a 30 minute walk on my rest days and have been packing my lunch everyday for work to ensure that I am eating enough and eating healthy. Here is a breakdown of what a typical day looks like in terms of nutrition. My goals are 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein. Image courtesy of myfitnesspal app, which I am using to track my nutrition, along with my fitbit as a step counter.
Things I am proud of
– Weightlifting 4x/week and feeling stronger every workout
– Setting 3 Personal Records at Crossfit! (90 lb clean and jerk, 50 consecutive double unders, and 50 consecutive wall balls)
– Walking on all my rest days
– Taking advantage of beautiful Santa Barbara weather (beach days, pool days, and walks downtown)
– Spending quality time with my family and being active together!
– Being 2 pounds away from my target weight.
– Working. I haven’t worked with elderly patients in well over 6 months and it has brought me great pleasure working at the nursing home this past week. They make me feel so appreciated, it’s wonderful. Reminds me of why I went into the profession where I can help others.
Goals for the rest of the month
– Increase my protein intake , I noticed after reviewing my food logs that I could definitely use some more protein in my diet.
– Prepare my lunches ahead of time, even when I am home. Since those seem to be the days I forget to eat.
– Start running
– Do pilates 1x/week and work on rehabilitating my shoulder by doing home exercises (something that I consistently neglect until it gets so painful I can’t do anything)
That’s it! Will check in again at the end of the month!
In fitness and good health,