The start of the new year was also the start of a new eating program for me. As a busy mom, personal trainer, and fitness addict, my food consumption wasn’t enough to sustain the amount of energy I was putting out so I knew I had to make some changes. Let me say this….eating MORE food is sometimes harder than eating less! Before, I would skip breakfast if I didn’t have enough time in the morning or was distracted by my daughter and not even notice, But now, skipping breakfast is a big problem. After getting used to eating 5-6 times a day, not eating in the morning makes me very HANGRY. I made these great little egg cups last night and they reheated so well! Give them a try and pop on over to instagram @fitmamasb to let me know what combination of ingredients you liked best!
Egg Cup Recipe
- Choose your ingredients
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Scramble 6 eggs in a bowl
- Chop ingredients (I used spinach and green onion)
- Sautéed veggies and meat in a pan.
- Lightly grease a cupcake sheet with coconut oil or spray.
- Evenly distribute sautéed veggies and meat into muffin tin (should make about 6)
- Evenly distribute eggs into muffin tin on top of veggies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and fluffy.
Veggie and Meat Options
- Sweet potato
- Whatever else you have leftover from dinner!
In fitness and good health,