Mika Yoga Clothing
So I will start by saying I am a very loyal Lululemon customer. I blame it on the fact that I am from Canada, working in the fitness industry for so long, and taking advantage of the 15% discount. This has left me with quite the collection of workout clothes! That being said, my ‘after baby’ body is a little different so some of my stuff wasn’t fitting right. I decided to branch out and try something new, and hey, it’s an excuse to buy new stuff!
After seeing it on instagram I looked into this new(er) brand, Mika. You can check our their website here. After stalking their website for a couple weeks I decided to finally take the plunge and order something! I immediately regretted it, how could I ever love other yoga clothes as much as I love my lulus? On a side note, I tell my husband about this ‘new brand’ and he informs me that his friend and his wife just randomly happen to be the people behind it! Small world…I feel like I personally know a celebrity now! Haha, so let me start off by saying Mr. S, you and your wife have definitely impressed me. Here is my honest review of the Mika yoga clothes I purchased.
First off I bought the Aerial Capri in size M/L in Amazonite (teal), and the Tula Top in pink ribbon (hot pink). The price point is amazing, most items range from $15-70, which means I can get an entire outfit for the price of one pair of lulu pants, AND things actually go on sale! I was pleasantly surprised with the fast shipping, nice quality fabric, and good workmanship of the clothes as I took them out of the package.
What I love
– Great colors and prints, I am OBSESSED with teal blue so the pants were the perfect color.
– Good stretch to the fabric, held up well in the wash, looks clean and professional
– Pants are not see through! They are a heavy but comfy material that doesn’t stretch too much and show through when you bend over.
– Top can double as a bathing suit! How awesome. I should mention that a lot of their clothes are designed for hot yoga, so this is a great feature!
– Got me through my workout wicking away sweat and looking cute to boot.
– Free shipping over $100
– Love that they take customer feedback and make changes accordingly! I ordered the old style Tula top, but there was feedback that it wasn’t suitable for large breasted women so they revamped it and released a new style…how great!
– Top is adjustable and ties in the back! This is great for a perfect fit every time (which I have noticed is a problem with other tops since I have been nursing).
– These clothes are not just for yoga, definitely suitable for all kinds of activities.
What I don’t love…
– The sizing is kind of funky. I am usually a size 6, so I looked at their size chart and ordered the size M/L pants accordingly. Maybe it’s just my body shape but I found them to fit quite small (felt like they were pulling down the back a little) so I would probably go with a L/XL, but then that just makes me feel bad since I’ve never been an XL in my life!
– I liked the idea of wearing the top as a bathing suit but didn’t see any bottoms on the site that would be suitable to match. Now this may be just me because I’m picky like that.
– Lastly, the colors were slightly different than what I expected from the online pictures… but I loved them more in person!
Overall I give them two thumbs up. Love the product, love the price. Just ordered myself some more! I’m excited to add some variety to my workout wardrobe, and im loving the bright colors for spring!
Check them out on instagram #MikaYogaWear they have awesome yogi ambassadors showing off their clothes!!